Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kari and Joey


I met Kari and Joey when Kari's mom was in town from Philadelphia on a wedding planning trip. Bonnie seemed distracted at the meeting, so I didn't think it went all that well. Later, I found out that they were trying to make it to the State Hockey tournament that day. Now, that's my kind of mom!
Happily, they became our clients, and were dream clients at that! We got to play around with custom invitations featuring the Minneapolis skyline (their reception was on the 50th floor of the IDS Building) and even got to add the silhouette of the church that they were married in (also Downtown).


Even better, we got to build an incredible skyline cake for their wedding reception. Kari thought it would be neat to add some other neighborhoods of Minneapolis onto the cake, so we added the silhouette of the Cherry and Spoon sculpture at the Walker Art Center, as well as some sailboats to represent Lake Calhoun, and the Hennepin Avenue Bridge.

Kari was sweet enough to send us this picture of her and Joey seeing the cake for the first time. I rarely get to see my clients' reactions to their cakes, so this was a special treat for me. Joey's expression is priceless!

1 comment:

SweetThingsTO said...

That is absolutely stunning!