Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Melissa's Winter Glam


I just love a girl who isn't afraid of a little drama in design. Melissa had the most beautiful sparkling snowflake wonderland wedding reception at the Saint Paul Hotel. We incorporated the pattern from her wedding dress bodice on the top three tiers with one minor alteration, we added delicate little frosting snowflakes to the pattern. To finish off the design, a dramatic cascade of not only sugared, but edible glittered snowflakes.

Melissa and her sister/coordinator were not only fun to work with, but they were one of the most amazing duos of non-professional coordinators I've ever run across. These girls didn't miss a step. From the little added touches in decor, to their handmade invitations, the theme was carried through impeccably. My favorite little touch...the State Fair inspired appetizers. The groom proposed at the Great Minnesota Get Together (which I'm proud say, my own amazing husband has teamed up with me to earn the Blue ribbon in Raspberry Jam) so it only made sense to bring this one touch of summer into this otherwise winter wonderland. Got to admit, those corndogs smelled awesome in the dead of winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the snowflakes. All of your cakes are absolutely stunning!